Extra Curricular Clubs are offered to pupils in addition to curriculum subjects taught during the school day. Clubs are held at lunchtimes or at the end of the school day and are run by staff, parents and carers as well as outside agencies e.g. Le Club Français or Total Sports Coaching. A fee may be charged to cover expenses such as resources.
* All adults running school clubs must have an enhanced disclosure, or be accompanied by a member of staff who has a valid DBS.
* Clubs start immediately after school and finish at 4.15pm.
* Adult leaders must keep a list of club members and register them in each session. These registers are kept in the office and must be collected from there before the club and returned afterwards.
* All children (and leaders) must wear the correct kit.
* At least two members of teaching staff (including a first aider) must be on the school premises while clubs take place.
* All children are to be collected from a designated area.
* The leader of each club must supervise collection of children until the last child has left the premises. Children must be handed directly to their parent/carer. If a parent is more than five minutes late, the child will be handed over to Night Owls and the parent charged.
* Clubs should only be cancelled if absolutely necessary having tried to get cover by another member of staff first. If the weather is particularly bad and an outside club cannot be moved inside, we will text parents at 2.30pm to cancel.
* High standards of behaviour are expected – any misbehaving is to be dealt with in line with the School’s behaviour policy and reported to the relevant members of staff and, if appropriate, discussed with parents.
All of the teachers, some support staff, parents and outside sporting associations run extra curricular clubs on a weekly basis. During Terms 1 and 2 in 2022 we are running the following clubs:
Multi-Skills Hockey Gardening Bat & Trap
Clay French Girls Football Music Tech Netball
Chess Lego Football Handball Cricket
Le Club Francais visit us after school every Wednesday. If you are interested in enrolling your child in French Club, please e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 01233 633383.
At Music Tech, we practice using a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) to create interesting sounds, ideas and songs. We learn about popular song structure, hooks, melodies and the elements of music while we get creative with sound manipulation. The club have created some snippets of songs and ideas that they have been working on this term. Listen below!